Imagine my surprise when I checked my email this morning and found out I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger award by Maria Elana over at Our Home Away from Home (she has a beautiful house and garden- go check out her blog!!!)- awwww, my first blog award- I’m so touched!!
So here are the “rules” for this award:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate at least 7 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.
So let’s see- 7 random facts about myself:
1. I love dogs- but y’all know that. What you may not know is that I used to (well, still do) love horses- I had several growing up and rode/showed them often. I miss riding and having my own horse!!
2. I went to college to be a veterinarian- and changed my mind a couple years in. I got hooked on marine biology and haven’t looked back since!!
3. I love working with kids and not-so secretly wish I had a teaching degree so I could be a teacher (of marine biology of course- ha!)
4. I lived on a Coast Guard Ice Breaker in the Bering Sea for 6 weeks in both 2007 and 2008 and would do it again in a heartbeat if someone gave me the opportunity
5. I wrote a blog while living in the Bering Sea…and I *think* you can still find it somewhere on www.polartrec.com
if you look hard enough.
6. I used to own (and ride) a motorcycle- the longest trip I took on it was a 10 hour trip from Bellingham, WA to Couer d’Alene, ID (I was SO sore by the end of that trip!!)
7. I love the ocean- and miss being close to it!!
Here are my nominations for this award (in no particular order):